Professor John Wiseman is Director of The McCaughey Centre, VicHealth Centre for the Promotion of Mental Health and Community Wellbeing, School of Population Health, University of Melbourne. John has worked in a wide variety of academic, community and public sector settings and has published numerous books and articles on public policy and the impacts and implications of globalisation. Between 2003 and 2006 he was Professor of Public Policy at Victoria University. Between 2000 and 2003 he was Assistant Director, Policy Development and Research in the Victorian Department of Premier and Cabinet.
Papers, reports and publications
- Community engagement and climate change: Learning from recent Australian experience, International Journal of Climate Change Strategies and Management, Vol. 2, No. 2, 2010, pp134-147, Fritze, J., Wiseman, J. and Williamson, L.
- Liveable and Just: A toolkit for local government to address the social and equity impacts of climate change, Victorian Local Governance Association, Melbourne, 2010, Edwards, T. and Wiseman, J.
- Dancing with Strangers: Understanding the Parallel Universes of Academic Researchers and Policy Makers, SSA/ANZSOG Discussion Paper No. 11, May 2010, Wiseman, J
- Distributed systems: A design model for sustainable and resilient infrastructure, Distributed Systems Briefing Paper No. 3, Victorian Eco Innovation Lab, University of Melbourne, March 2010, Biggs, C., Ryan, C. and Wiseman, J.
- ‘Climate Justice: Key Debates, Goals and Strategies’ in J. Moss (ed), Climate Change and Social Justice. MUP, Melbourne, 2009, Fritze J. & Wiseman J.
- ‘Community health and wellbeing in a changing climate: challenges and priorities for the health sector in Victoria’, Health Issues Journal, 2009 (99): 10-15, Wiseman J. & Edwards T
- ‘Climate transformation: the next revolution in public health?’ Journal of Public Health. 30 (4): 362-363, Wiseman J. and Nolan T. 2008.
- ‘Hope, despair and transformation: climate change and the promotion of mental health ad wellbeing’, International Journal of Mental Health Systems, 2: 13, 2008, Bourke, S., Blashki, G., Fritze, J. and Wiseman, J
- ‘Community Wellbeing in an unwell world’, Journal of Public Health Policy, Vo. 29, No. 3, 2008, pp. 353-365, Brasher, K. and Wiseman, J.
- ‘Local Heroes: Learning from Recent Community Strengthening Initiatives in Victoria’, Australian Journal of Public Administration, Vol. 65, No. 2, June 2006, pp. 95-107, Wiseman, J
- ‘Designing public policy after neo-liberalism’ in Smythe, P. Reddel, T. and Jones, A. (eds.) Community and Local Governance, UNSW Press, Sydney, 2005, Wiseman, J.
- ‘Navigating the Future, The Development and Implementation of Growing Victoria Together’, Australian Journal of Public Administration, Vol. 62, No. 2, June 2003, Adams, D. and Wiseman, J.
- Happiness: the real purpose of economic development? (The Conversation 24.08.2011)
Prog Blog posts
Link to user profile
Link to John Wiseman's user profile on wikiprogress