Welcome to the Wikiprogress community portal. Here you can find out what is happening in the Wikiprogress community and how progress is being received around the globe. See media coverage of progress, what's new on Wikiprogress, articles we would like to be edited and interact with the community on the Community Notice Board.
In the Spotlight
- Happier and less isolated: internet use in old age (Orsolya Lelkes, European Centre, December)
- Does Access to Information Technology Make People Happier? (Brookings December 2012)
- Perspectives on Global Development 2012 - Social Cohesion in a Shifting World (OECD December 2012)
- Settling In, OECD Indicators of Immigrant Integration 2012 (OECD December 2012) Review report on Beyond GDP indicators: categorisation, intentions and impacts (Brainpool November 2012)
- Post-2015 Global Consultation on Education (UNICEF and UNESCO November 2012)
Call for Chapters in the new Best Practices in Quality-of-Life Research Book Series. Deadline: August 31st, 2011.for Submission Guidelines and details.
Call for abstracts - 3rd International Conference of the International Society for Child Indicators to be held at the University of York, UK 27-29 July 2011.
- Malaysian Well-being Index for 2000-2012 recorded 25.4-point increase (The Borne Post, 03.12.13)
- Happiness: the silver lining of economic stagnation? (The Guardian, 28.11.13)
- Next mayor must unleash power of civic engagement (UT San Diego 01.12.13)
- White Paper: Health, wellbeing and social protection (BBC, 26.11.13)
- GDP alone cannot determine people’s well-being – Nana Konadu (Ghana Business News, 27.11.2013)
- Control and Emotional Support Boost Worker Wellbeing (Counsel Heal, 21.11.2013)
- Health & wellbeing: The need to tackle inequality a key theme, with aim to overhaul benefits (Herald Scotland, 27.11.13)
- Will open data feed food security? (Guardian 25.11.13)
- Chile versus Argentina in quality of life (Korean Herald 24.11.13)
(Debate Hosted by The Economist 14 - 24 June)
Positions in progress
- , UNDP
- Happiness index: how does the economy make us feel? (The Guardian 23.10.2012)
- Separate and Unequal ‘The Price of Inequality,’ by Joseph E. Stiglitz (The New York Times, Sunday Book Review 03.08.2012)
- Poor people want to be poor, they say. Really? (The Guardian 03.08.2012)
- Wellbeing, sustainability and economic prosperity: connecting the dots (The Guardian 02.08.2012)
- How Much Money Do You Really Need To Be Happy? (Forbes 27.07.2012)
Interactive web 2.0 apps
- Collaborative budgeting and prioritizing tool called used by community action members to create optimal budget in a period of many budget cuts.
- Global collaborative tool for measuring light pollution by .
- was created as an entry for the World Bank Apps for Development competition. Its aim is to raise awareness about the UN MDGs by letting users visualize and share stories they can find that are hidden in World Bank Open Data.
Special Media Reviews
Pages dedicated to media reviews on particular topics or important events in the measuring progress community:
- UN Women Report: Progress of the World's Women - Media Review
- Global Peace Index 2011 - Media Review
- Better life initiative - Media Review
- Action for Happiness - Media Review
- World Development Report 2011 - Media Review
- China to Measure Happiness - Guangdong - Media Review
- UK to Measure Happiness - Media Review
- Human Development Report 2010 - Media Review
Community Notice Board
to access the Community notice board where you can interact with the progress community by posting questions and comments.
Guidance, Help and Resources
See guidelines and FAQ for content related questions. See help for questions on how to use the wiki. We are currently creating short videos to help guide you through the site. If you have any questions that are not answered on wikiprogress, please feel free to email us firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Portal Archive
Please click here to see the Community Portal archives.