Welcome to the GPRNet online forum. The forum will be updated and used as the basis for monthly GPRNet teleconferences. See the agenda items below. Please use Disqus to comment on the items and/or to give a brief update on what you are working on and any relevant publications or events.
Meeting minutes February
Update from OECD
Upcoming measuring progress events:
- African Conference on Measuring Well-Being and Fostering the Progress of Societies, Morocco, 19-21 April 2012
- European Conference on Measuring Well-Being and Fostering the Progress of Societies, France, 26 - 28 June 2012
- 4th OECD World Forum on "Statistics, Knowledge and Policy" - Measuring Well-Being and Fostering the Progress of Societies New Delhi, India, 16-19 October 2012
News on developments from GPRNet members for group
Beat Huser: working focus on sustainability: environmental, social and cultural. Also GPI development. Beat has added the articles Waikato Regional Council - regional indicators and MARCO indicators
Filomena Maggino: National Committee on Measuring Progress in Italy - focus on subjective well-being. Also organising next ISQOLS.
Susan Brutschy working on community indicators - using data to insight local action. Update on Community Indicators Consortium
Call to review/consider key goals for 2012
On hold. Mike Salvaris to update at next meeting.
Agenda March Meeting
GPRNet core members to send through list of 5 - 10 contacts from universities interested in participating.
Update from OECD
Identifying spaces at upcoming conferences for GPRNet
Please be prepared to give a brief overview of what you have been working on. Any relevant events, documents and/or links should be posted to this article.
Mike Salvaris to update on core objectives for 2012.
Online discussion ideas
In 2012 Wikiprogress will be hosting a series of online discussions. Ideas for discussion topics and agreement of participation in online discussions to be developed. Current ideas for online discussions include:
- Canadian Index of Wellbeing both the structure of the index but also the process and institutional aspects.
- Rio+20 relevance of measurement and indicators for the key themes
The next GPRNet meeting is scheduled for Wednesday 7th March: 9:00am CET (Paris), 7:00pm EDT (Sydney)
If you are unable to attend the next GPRNet teleconference, please leave your comments below on the agenda items and/or anything you would like to share with the network.
|Research into Child Health in Europe (RICHE Project)||UNICEF Child-Wellbeing measure|
|UNESCO Institute for Statistics|