The May 2014 eBrief is OUT! Get the latest Well-being and Progress news
All on Board - Making Inclusive Growth Happen by the OECD
How are Ontarians Really Doing? by the Canadian Wellbeing Index
Report of the Working Group on Citizen Engagement with Local Government by National University of Ireland
Social Progress Index Report report 2014
Progress Around the World
Click here for an interactive map of progress initiatives around the world.
Who is online in Wikiprogress?
There are 180 anonymous and 0 registered users online. .
Welcome to Wikiprogress
- Arianna.carciotto edited Report describing activities and collecting documents of the Network
about a day ago
- Mafradam edited Report describing activities and collecting documents of the Network
3 days ago
- Mafradam edited Communication activities
3 days ago
- Mafradam edited Handbook for measuring progress
4 days ago
- The user Escortbayanlar just joined Wikiprogress.org - Welcome!
4 days ago
- 77% in developed world are happy but wish life was simpler, says poll (Guardian, 17.7.2014)
- Lessons from Peterborough: how to get, use and present a city's data (Guardian 17.6.14)
- Beyond GDP: Transitioning into Sustainability (IHDP 21.05.14)
- UN looks at alternative measures of the wealth of nations (Independent 18.5.2014)
- Beyond GDP: Measuring 'Societal Progress' With Birth Weight, Hours Slept, Eyelgasses, And More (18.5.2014)
- Making digital default (Deloitte Blog 15.5.14)
Find us on...
|Add an event|
|» Event:World Water Week|
|» Event:World Teachers Day|
|Wikiprogress Events||Wikichild Events|
There are a number of definitions of Social Indicators (SI). Bauer described them as forms of evidence that help assessment of present position and future directions. The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) stated that a SI is a “direct and valid statistical measure which monitors levels and changes over time in a fundamental social concern.” A social concern is “an identifiable and definable aspiration or concern of fundamental and direct importance to human well-being”. Indicators may be material, such as numbers related to economic growth, and/or immaterial, such as values or goals.