July 2014 eBrief is NOW OUT!
2014 Human Development Report - Sustaining Human Progress: Reducing Vulnerabilities and Building Resilience by UNDP
Report on Equitable and Sustainable Well-being (BES) 2014 by CNEL and ISTAT
Portrait of Sonoma County (California) report by Measure of America
Growing Up in Scotland: Family and school influences on children's social and emotional well-being by Growing Up in Scotland and the Scottish Government
Progress Around the World
Click here for an interactive map of progress initiatives around the world.
Who is online in Wikiprogress?
There are 144 anonymous and 0 registered users online. .
Welcome to Wikiprogress
- Arethavailes created Education Student Lifestyle
16 hours ago
- The user Arethavailes just joined Wikiprogress.org - Welcome!
16 hours ago
- The user Weitzenegger just joined Wikiprogress.org - Welcome!
20 hours ago
- Wikilatam edited El Sector Privado y el Bienestar de las Personas
21 hours ago
- The user Anatole just joined Wikiprogress.org - Welcome!
22 hours ago
- Digital citizen engagement in Morocco: a data-driven approach to online participation (LSE Imapact Blog 25.07.14)
- How Civic Engagement Platforms Can Bring Back the Expertise of Urban Planners (PlanetiZen 24.07.14)
- 77% in developed world are happy but wish life was simpler, says poll (Guardian, 17.7.2014)
- Lessons from Peterborough: how to get, use and present a city's data (Guardian 17.6.14)
- Beyond GDP: Transitioning into Sustainability (IHDP 21.05.14)
Find us on...
|Add an event|
|» Event:International Youth Day 2014|
|» Event:World Water Week|
|Wikiprogress Events||Wikichild Events|
There are a number of definitions of Social Indicators (SI). Bauer described them as forms of evidence that help assessment of present position and future directions. The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) stated that a SI is a “direct and valid statistical measure which monitors levels and changes over time in a fundamental social concern.” A social concern is “an identifiable and definable aspiration or concern of fundamental and direct importance to human well-being”. Indicators may be material, such as numbers related to economic growth, and/or immaterial, such as values or goals.