Social Progress Index Report report 2014
The March 2014 eBrief is OUT! Get the latest Well-being and Progress news
We wish you all the best for International Day of Happiness on 20 March 2014
Wellbeing and Policy report by the Legatum Institute
Measuring National Well-being, Life in the UK, 2014, by ONS UK
Ending Newborn Deaths by Save the Children is out!
The Children's Rights Alliance Report Card 2014 by Children's Rights Alliance is here!
Progress Around the World
Click here for an interactive map of progress initiatives around the world.
Who is online in Wikiprogress?
There are 222 anonymous and 1 registered users online. (Salema).
Welcome to Wikiprogress
- Melinda.george edited Progress in the news
55 minutes ago
- Melinda.george edited Child well-being media review
about a hour ago
- Salema edited Main Page
about a hour ago
- The user Svgreen just joined Wikiprogress.org - Welcome!
12 hours ago
- Salema edited Online Discussion Engaging citizens in well-being and progress statistics
about a day ago
- Risky Business: Taking Risks Isn't Only Good For Your Well-Being, It's Also Good For Your Future (Medical Daily, 21.4.14)
- Being Creative Outside of Work Makes You Better at Your Job (Time, 16.4.14)
- 'The eurozone crisis has tipped many into disillusionment, despair and extremism - we need a European Spring'
- The American Middle Class Is No Longer the World’s Richest (New York Times 22.4.14)
- Kapital for the Twenty-First Century? (Dissent 22.4.14)
Find us on...
|Add an event|
|» Event:OECD Forum 2014|
|» Cities for Children: Annual conference 2014|
|Wikiprogress Events||Wikichild Events|
There are a number of definitions of Social Indicators (SI). Bauer described them as forms of evidence that help assessment of present position and future directions. The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) stated that a SI is a “direct and valid statistical measure which monitors levels and changes over time in a fundamental social concern.” A social concern is “an identifiable and definable aspiration or concern of fundamental and direct importance to human well-being”. Indicators may be material, such as numbers related to economic growth, and/or immaterial, such as values or goals.