State of Civil Society Report 2013: Creating an enabling environment by CIVICUS 16/05/2013
2013 Resource Governance Index just launched by Revenue Watch! 2013 State of Civil Society Report 15/05/2013
World Health Statistics 2013, by WHO just released! 15/05/2013
Children's Rights and Business Principles by UNICEF, the UN Global Compact and Save the Children 13/05/2013
Strategies for Improving Well-Being in Sub-Saharan Africa report 30/04/2013
Progress Around the World
Click here for an interactive map of progress initiatives around the world.
Who is online in Wikiprogress?
Welcome to Wikiprogress
- The user Ceaphhape just joined Wikiprogress.org - Welcome!
25 minutes ago
- The user Masonjacobs just joined Wikiprogress.org - Welcome!
32 minutes ago
- The user Bolliscarson just joined Wikiprogress.org - Welcome!
about a hour ago
- The user Geraldine just joined Wikiprogress.org - Welcome!
5 hours ago
- The user Amidovagvok just joined Wikiprogress.org - Welcome!
7 hours ago
- Transparency and accountability: Bringing the politics back in (blogs.worldbank.org 22.05.13)
- Do One Thing For Diversity and Inclusion (UN Alliance of Civilizations 21.05.13)
- UN economic and social body urges stronger global governance to achieve anti-poverty goals (UN News Centre)
- No end to poverty without better governance (Reuters 20.05.13)
- Monitoring progress on poverty: the case for a high global poverty line (ODI Development Progress 17.05.13)
Find us on...
|Add an event|
|» Event:Global Platform for Risk Reduction|
|» Event:African Development Bank Group Annual Meeting|
|Wikiprogress Events||Wikichild Events|
There are a number of definitions of Social Indicators (SI). Bauer described them as forms of evidence that help assessment of present position and future directions. The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) stated that a SI is a “direct and valid statistical measure which monitors levels and changes over time in a fundamental social concern.” A social concern is “an identifiable and definable aspiration or concern of fundamental and direct importance to human well-being”. Indicators may be material, such as numbers related to economic growth, and/or immaterial, such as values or goals.