|What is Wikiprogress?||Getting Started||Navigation||Contributing|
How Wikiprogress works||Progress FAQs||Sign up / login||Recover password||Social media||Search and menus||Keyboard shortcuts||Create / edit an article||Citation||Categorisation||Uploading files||Adding events||Visualisation Tools||Get blogging||Wiki markup|
References and Citations
Cite sources when:
- Adding or restoring material that is challenged or likely to be challenged,
- Quoting someone, with or without quotation marks, or closely paraphasing a source,
- Summarizing source material in your own words, in order to give credit to the source of your ideas,
- Uploading an image.
- Ensures that content can be checked by any reader or editor, which improves the credibility of Wikiprogress,
- Shows that your edit is not original research, plagiarism, or a copyright violation,
- Ensures that material about living persons complies with the biography of living persons policy,
- Helps readers find additional information.
How to reference
- Press the "Reference" button. A new window will appear with three fields:
- Reference text. This field must be filled by the reference source (URL, book, publication, etc.) to use.
- Reference name. In the case that you plan to use one source more than one time in the same article, you can make several references to it. If that is the case, please name your source by filling this field.
- Re-using a named reference. In the case that you have previously filled the Reference name field, this is the place to insert the reference name. By doing this, the article will automatically set the new reference to a previously inserted reference source.
- Once you have finished writing the article, please insert the following Wikitext to the very end of the article
== References == <references/>
It is generally accepted to use APA or MLA citation format. There are forms for creating these online:www.lib.ncsu.edu/citationbuilder/, or, in order to save your own list of references, use Microsoft Word source builder.
See Child Marriage for a good example of multiple references.
Referencing your article is very important. If you have any questions, do not hestitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ↑ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citing_sources. Wikipedia. 2010